Documentation packages as HTML:
This is not the source code distribution of python-ldap. See the download page to get source distribution or binary packages.
Note that the docs version may be older than that of the source distribution.
You can also browse the docs on-line (which might be sometimes more recent and complete than the downloadable docs).
The following documents referenced are not written by python-ldap project members. Therefore some information might be outdated or links might be broken.
A series of articles by Matt Butcher about python-ldap:
Python LDAP Applications: Part 1 - Installing and Configuring the Python-LDAP Library and Binding to an LDAP Directory
This also covers SASL.
- Python LDAP Applications: Part 2 - LDAP Operations
- Python LDAP Applications: Part 3 - More LDAP Operations and the LDAP URL Library
Python LDAP Applications: Part 4 - LDAP Schema
Gee, someone waded through the badly documented mysteries of module ldap.schema.
- LDAP Programming in Python
- Another article for getting started with python-ldap.
- RFC 1823
- The LDAP Application Program Interface, mainly for LDAPv2.
- This Internet draft of the discontinued IETF working group LDAPEXT is of interest here since the OpenLDAP 2 libs implement this (expired) draft.
- It's worth to have a look at the manual pages and the Developer's FAQ.
- VSLDAP Interoperability Test Suite.