Documentation packages as HTML:
This is not the source code distribution of python-ldap. See the download page to get source distribution or binary packages.
Note that the docs version may be older than that of the source distribution.
See current file CHANGES for a reading about latest improvements and fixes.
You can also browse the docs on-line (which might be sometimes more recent and complete than the downloadable docs).
The following documents referenced are not written by python-ldap project members. Therefore some information might be outdated or links might be broken.
A series of articles by Matt Butcher about python-ldap:
Python LDAP Applications: Part 1 - Installing and Configuring the Python-LDAP Library and Binding to an LDAP Directory
This also covers SASL.
- Python LDAP Applications: Part 2 - LDAP Operations
- Python LDAP Applications: Part 3 - More LDAP Operations and the LDAP URL Library
Python LDAP Applications: Part 4 - LDAP Schema
Gee, someone waded through the yet undocumented mysteries of module ldap.schema.
- LDAP Programming in Python
- Another article for getting started with python-ldap.
- Using LDAP from Java+Tomcat and Python+Zope
- Includes ready-to-use worked examples to connect to an eDirectory sandbox via LDAP, Java or Python for non-encrypted and encrypted (SSL) connections.
- RFC 1823
- The LDAP Application Program Interface, mainly for LDAPv2.
- This Internet draft of the discontinued IETF working group LDAPEXT is of interest here since the OpenLDAP 2 libs implement this (expired) draft.
- It's worth to have a look at the manual pages and the Developer's FAQ.
- VSLDAP Interoperability Test Suite.